How to Participate in Social Media Day #SMDay
You know what it is? After participating earlier this month in Digital Capital Week, I’m kind of jaded. It’s going to be pretty hard to top 10 days of free in-person sessions that happened right here in the nation’s capital. It was incredible. So while one day is great (granted it’s happening all over the world, and live-streaming worldwide and people are tweeting, facebooking, digging, etc.) sometimes you just can’t beat a good, organized in person meeting of the minds.
But maybe that’s just me.
If you were wondering how you can get involved in Social Media Day as I was, here’s some insight from Mashable, the people behind the holiday here’s how you can participate (Keep in mind, they organized it, they’re promoting it, so take these ideas as their ideas. I’m sure there are ways you can participate and make Social Media Day your own!):
- Meetup Everywhere Mashable: Sign up to attend an event on the Meetup Everywhere Mashable.
- Watch the live streams worldwide: We’ll be updating throughout the day.
- Tweet: Use the #smday hashtag on Twitter. With so many participating, we should be a trending topic on Twitter on June 30. Also, we’ll soon be announcing a prize for those that tweet or post to Facebook.
- Add the Social Media Day Twitter theme from TweetyGotBack to your account in support of the day.
- Follow @mashSMday: Follow @mashSMday on Twitter for updates and developments on the celebration.
- Comment via Facebook: Go to Smday.com and leave a comment either promoting your meetup or tell us what you’re doing for your event.
- Upload to Flickr: Upload photos to Flickr and tag them with #smday.