Cool PR Case Study – Quinn and Co.’s Social Media Management for Occidental Hotels
The communications field is constantly changing – you can’t rely on textbook knowledge to gather insights on what’s working in the field. That’s why here at MLM we love learning about what is working in the industry by observing some of the best practices of public relations professionals whose work we know. What better way to get a snapshot of an industry than by taking a look behind the scenes at featured case studies of some of leading public relations firm’s best work?
Check out today’s case study, courtesy of travel and lifestyle agency Quinn and Co – based in New York City.
Social Media and Reputation Management Program
Firm – Quinn and Co.
Client – Occidental Hotels & Resorts
Launch Occidental Hotels & Resorts, one of the largest all-inclusive resort companies in the Americas, in the social media space.
- Increase consumer awareness of and engagement with the Occidental brands through social media.
- Improve the hotels’ reputations on travel-review sites.
- Increase business by improving conversion rates across socia-media channels.
- Conducted a social-media audit, including a competitive analysis, to determine the company’s online health and reputation.
- Developed a social-media communications policy.
- Created job descriptions for social-media and reputation-management ambassadors. Presented these new tasks to the hotel staffers as exciting opportunities.
- Developed and conducted a four-day training in Mexico for 40 hotel executives and staff from 13 hotels.
- Drafted a three-month plan.
- Executed the plan, managing and supervising the hotel and marketing teams.
- Several hotels exceeded their short-term goals and significantly increased engagement on Facebook. In the first month alone active users were up by more than 50% on some of the pages.
- Hotel teams are responding to reviews on TripAdvisor and asking guests to post reviews. Many of the resorts have significantly improved their TA rankings. Read the full case study at Quinn and Co’s website